And now it’s time for a brand new challenge. This fun activity is designed to bring new exposure to great Etsy shops, as well as bring us all together in the spirit of beautiful treasuries!
The contest is open to anyone, and we invite all Etsy members to participate, even if you’re not an Oh Canada Team member or a shop owner!
The winner will receive the opportunity to select the theme for our next challenge. It could be an idea, a color, or even an item from their shop, or a favorite shop, to be featured in our next Treasury Challenge. All you have to do is make a treasury using the current theme.
1. Your treasury must incorporate the challenge’s theme, and include at least 8 Oh Canada Team members. Check out our team roster for members, or search for the tag OhCanadaTeam when choosing your featured listings.
2. You must include the words “OCT Challenge” somewhere in your treasury’s title.
3. You must tag your treasury with “ohcanadateam” and “OCT challenge”
4. In your treasury’s description, let viewers know that it is an entry in an Oh Canada Team challenge, invite them to join, and provide a link to our main blog, or this post.
5. If an item in your treasury sells or is removed, please replace it with another item from the same shop. Screenshots of each entry will be available in our Flickr challenge album for your reference before judging begins.
6. Please do not use your own shop(s) in your entry, including alternate shops.
How to Enter
To enter your treasury, add a link to it in the comments section of this post.
Only treasuries that are submitted on the blog before the deadline will be included in the judging round.
The deadline for entering the “Blue Magnets” challenge is Tuesday, October 5th. Our judges will select 6 finalists, and voting will begin on Thursday, October 7th.
Voting for this challenge will close the following Tuesday, and the winner will be announced along with our new challenge theme on Thursday, October 14th.
Everyone is welcome to play - including Etsy shoppers and non-team members. If you’ve never made a treasury on Etsy before, you can get some handy tips in this tutorial: How to Make Etsy Treasuries.
Our previous challenge winner, Simple Sundries, has chosen a pretty set of glass tile magnets to be the focus of this challenge round. You can create using any theme that you desire, but you must include this listing in your treasury: Electric Blue Glass Tile Magnet Set.
Not ready to make a treasury yet? We will also be looking for guest judges to help narrow down the finalists. If you would like to participate, let us know in the comments section of this post, along with a link to your shop. The first three volunteers will be contacted by our Treasury Challenge admins with more details about the judging process.
Please feel free to contact our team admins if you have any questions.
Copyright 2010 Oh Canada and Simple Sundries